Some dog parents view animals, such as dogs, as their property and therefore expect them to do, as they say, the end – we shouldn’t have to pay them with treats. When you set yourself up like this, what happens when your dog doesn’t do as you say the second you ask? Do you let it go, or do you turn to force? Both are problematic.
1. Teach your dog to release leash pressure
2. Eyes on your dog 90% of the time, 10% on surroundings
3. Reward while walking with a loose leash
4. Take one or two steps and reward at the side of your leg
5. Begin to vary your speed of walking
5. Make turns while always keeping your dog on the outside of your turn
6. DO NOT use the leash to pull your dog to get him to go places